E&M has extensive experience in helping U.S. citizens bring their foreign spouses to the U.S. as well as help fiance(e)s attain the K-1 visa that allows them entry to the U.S. in order to get married.


If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are:

  • Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen 
  • Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place.  The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. This visa category is intended to shorten the physical separation between the foreign-citizen and U.S. citizen spouses by having the option to obtain a nonimmigrant K-3 visa overseas and enter the United States to await approval of the immigrant visa petition.


If you are an American citizen, you may bring your fiancé(e) to the United States to marry; and live here.

The K-1 visa allows the fiancé to enter the U.S. Upon entry, the fiancé is given 90 days to marry. There are multiple qualifications to be met before a K-1 visa is approved. 

  • you must have physically met the person you are marrying within the past two years.
  • Sufficient evidence of the physical meeting is required.